Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Still in Deltaville




We are still in Deltaville, VA. As nice as this place is we are ready to leave: however, things just keep breaking and needing repair. After the bottom job and the new sea cocks were done, the fresh water pump broke down and I managed to finish off the shifter which has been a problem for years. Hopefully both of those will be fixed by tomorrow. Then we plan to push on with exploring the Chesapeake.

Deltaville is very rural and to make my point I am adding a picture of a family of wild turkeys that Jan and I saw only a quarter of a mile from the boatyard. The weather has been fantastic--clear and mild.

On a note of 'blast from the past' we met an old acquaintance from Corpus Christi in the boater's lounge at the Deltaville Marina--Molly Childs. Old timers will remember her as racing hard with Nick Welch on his Ranger 20 years ago. They were arch rivals when I was racing the "Puff", my Ranger 28. She is cruising with her new husband Jim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bottom looks great. Stay out of the Gulf Coast for right now. Hurricane Gustave looks serious.I met some folks here who remembered not only PUff but LADY JANE as well!

JA