Sunday, December 9, 2007

Last Post from Corpus Christi

This will be the last post from the desktop at Seamount Cay, Corpus Christi. We are breaking down the computer tonight for storage. The next post will be from the uncertain world of mobile wireless.

The weather situation remains confused. This morning NOAA reported that a slow moving front would stall over the Texas coast Thursday. My plan is to leave ahead of the front. If we wait the situation may not clear for a week or more. As it is we will have sun, warmth, and breeze albeit on the nose. The wave prediction models are not excessive, and I think we can make it with some bashing to weather. Phillip is game. We do need to meet his departing plane in Georgetown 1-7-08.

Today has been loading up the boat. I am amazed at how it absorbs stuff. It just settles a bit lower in the water. Charlie Mitchell of southtexascanvas.net was out again today and finished up the starboard "closet" (see my previous post) . Thanks again Charlie!

I finished up the Magma project today. This started 14 months ago when Jan desired a Magma grill for the boat and wanted it hooked up to the inboard propane. The default for the Magma is to use those little low pressure bottles available everywhere. She gave me the Magma grill as a birthday present in '06. I have just today figured out how to hook it up to the high pressure tank in the locker that we use to fuel the stove. Thank you Lowes and West Marine. I did not ask for this project, but I have pursued it because the taste of fish cooked on the Magma grill is amazing.

For those following closely, we will leave Seamount Cay about noon Monday 12-10-07. Then we will refuel and spend the night at the transient docks in Port Aransas. Slack water is a 9:18 am on 12-11-07 and the adventure begins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruce forwarded your blog to me. I read your last entry this morning and got chills. I'm so excited for the two of you be be living your dream (and ours). I look forward to living vicariously through your adventures. Karl, your narrative style is superb and I anxiously await your next entry. Congratulations and the best of luck, fair wind and all of that... Love Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi,just wanted to drop a line and let you guys know that you are missed alot here, i wish all the best, and good luck with the weather, on my downtime in the office ive enjoyed reading on Dr. Stein`s proyects and jobs on the yacht, hopefully ill hear from you guys soon, greetings, Fabricio Zuniga