Friday, November 30, 2007

New Water Heater

There are few pleasures as nice as a hot rinse after a long day in the salt and sun just before slipping between clean sheets. That is why Jan and I treasure the hot water heater.

One of the lines on the long list of to-do's was fix leak at the water heater. One good look at the area showed that the spigot was too rusted to ever be fixable. Indeed the whole water heater was so rusty I do not see how it could even hold water. A dig through the pile of the old manuals suggested that it was a Raritan 6 gallon heater with water exchange. I ordered a new one from Blue Water.

First mate Philllip Emanuael has just arrived in the USA and volunteered to help with the chores. What a wonderful coincidence! Phillip was able to do more work in 2 hours than I could have done in 3 days. Also because he know what to get we only spent 20 minutes at Padre Island Supply. I would have worriedly wandered about for hours.

I am just starting to believe that all of the tasks will get done, and we will be ready for an on-time departure after Dec. 7, 2007.

No comments: