Sunday, April 22, 2007

Getting Ready for Port Aransas Race 2007

We have have had two nice, very quiet Wed. night races which tested the refrigerator more than the boat and crew. Chris has come twice and shows much promise. Danny and Skeeter with Mrs. Skeeter came 4-17-07. That day we had to motor in.

Next Saturday is the Port Aransas Race. Once in my life I felt that was the most important day of the year, and my whole world revolved around it. I did win my class once. It was one of the best days of my life. That was over 20 years ago, and now a respectable finish with no damage, injury, or outrageous expense would be wonderful.

Today Jan and I planned to sail, but the weather was awful. We cleaned, replaced dock lines, and replaced a damaged electrical cord. Actually, it was the cord from the Seabrook yard; my original one having vanished months ago.

The race is Sat. 4-28-07. Skippers meeting at 9 am with a start about 10:30. We have a slip reserved in Port A. Reservations are available on the hotel White Pepper. The ladies race will have the same start sequence Sunday.

To prepare for the race Danny has to do the bottom. Jan and I will get the race sails on the boat Wed. or Thurs. Everyone should make their own travel arrangements for Sat. pm and Sun. am. We will party at Shorty's Sat. night and breakfast at the Island Cafe Sunday.

Also the Corpus Christi in the Water Boat Show is this weekend. I plan to view it Friday afternoon with my office staff. This show will be the culmination of Peter Davidson's vision for the CC Marina. I hope that it goes off well.

1 comment:

jprobinson1 said...

Good luck to Karl, Jan and the crew on the race!